Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Responsible for providing chiropractor services to patients including initial assessments, follow ups and diagnostic evaluations, and treatment. In conjunction with nursing, physician colleagues, other healthcare professionals, and administrative leadership the candidate will ensure high-quality, cost-effective, timely, safe, appropriate, and compliant patient-centered services.
- Must have a Doctor of Chiropractic from an accredited Chiropractic program.
- Must have two (2) years of experience.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- Must have passed Texas Board of Chiropractic Examiners certification. Must be currently licensed to practice as a Chiropractor in the State of Texas.
Required Tests for Placement
Skills or Special Abilities
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge of the appropriate specialty practice (e.g., chiropractic, PM&R, pain management, sports medicine, etc.) assessment techniques, conduct follow ups and diagnostic evaluations, and treatment processes.
- Must have strong adjusting and manipulation skills and experience with other treatments such as, but not limited to, Graston, ART, Kinesiotaping, TENS, and lifestyle modifications.
- Must be in good physical condition and have the dexterity and strength to perform adjustments and manipulations on patient.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to partner and lead strategic initiatives that lead to service optimization, growth, and new program development.
- Must be able to determine objectives, set priorities, and establish and meet target dates.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of collaboration and professionalism with other health care professionals to create an effective, safe, and engaged working environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership through mentorship of others.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient-centered/patient-valued behavior.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, especially at bedside.
- Must have a high level of trust and respect for patient’s confidentiality.
- Must have a passion for delivering exceptional patient experiences. Preferred: Spanish proficiency.
- Independently provides a wide range of medical duties and services related to chiropractic care.
- Collaborates with other health care professionals within the practice, including Physical Therapy, to deliver protocol driven, non-surgical treatment for pain and movement conditions and injuries.
- Gathers essential and accurate information about patients and documents timely in relevant electronic health record; makes informed decisions about diagnostic and therapeutic interventions incorporating patient information and preferences; develops and carries out patient management plans on an ongoing basis.
- Provides health care and utilizes evidence-based clinical practice guidelines in the management to improve health outcomes.
- Counsels and educates patients and their families regarding health promotion, appropriate management of acute conditions, and self-management conditions.
- Collaborates with other health care professionals within and outside of PHHS, including community resources when appropriate, to provide coordinated patient-centered care for needs outside their scope of practice.
- Serves as leader in advancing equity and inclusion in both the organization and patient care.
- Interpersonal and Communication
- Utilizes effective interpersonal and communication skills with patients, families, and the care team. Creates and maintains a therapeutic and ethically sound relationship with the patient. Demonstrates respect, compassion, integrity, and responsiveness to the needs of the patient.
- Modifies approach, communication, and interaction to consider specific or special needs of all customers.
- Assists and responds efficiently and effectively with service recovery and problem resolution of concerns, incidents, or complaints of internal and external customers.
- Practice-Based Learning and Improvement
- Maintains knowledge and works toward the division quality goals to achieve the desired practice outcomes. Continues personal education on current medical practices and innovations by reading medical journals, attending conferences, etc.
- Develops, implements, and monitors evidence based clinical pathways, algorithms, and guidelines to ensure effective and efficient processes are in place to meet the expected goals and to ensure maximum utilization of individual and group capabilities.
- Identifies ways to improve work processes, workflows, and customer satisfaction for assigned area consistent with the area and institution QAPI program.
- Participates and/or lead quality improvement projects, community health needs assessment initiatives, teaching, research, and leadership.
- Works collaboratively with senior physician leadership to ensure compliance and accountability on matters related to professional standards, behavior and conduct of medical staff in service area(s) of responsibility.
- Must meet and maintain licensing and registration requirements as delineated by the Medical Staff Bylaws, Medical Staff Rules and Regulations, and Credentialing Policies/Procedures, if any.
- Serves as an example of professional conduct and behavior as stated in Parkland’s Code of Conduct & Ethics and Parkland Colleague Behavior Expectations procedure.
- Practices cost-effective health care. Meets or exceeds expected productivity and utilization standards.
- As appropriate, serves on committees, initiatives, or projects to ensure discipline expertise and/or division representation.
Strives to be a first-choice provider for health and wellness by creating remarkably high-value experiences.
- Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
- Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
- Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status. As part of our commitment to our patients and employees’ wellness, Parkland Health is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.