Performs patient care activities and supervises patient care provided by members of the healthcare team. Takes and develops x-ray films. Cleans and stores supplies, instruments, and equipment.
Reports to Chiropractic Supervisor
Completion of an accredited Doctor of Chiropractic program required
Current state licensure required
Maintains CEU's in pertinent clinical practice according to licensure requirements
Training/experience in a healthcare practice preferred
Training/experience in x-ray
Understanding of Housekeeping requirements
Requires frequent and constant judgment and response; occasionally in response to disasters or emergencies, actual events or drills. Requires English language skills adequate for high-level interpersonal and written communication.
Require high-level visual and auditory acuity for timely response and patient care activities. Ability to move quickly in response to patient needs, occasional overhead and low reaching, bending, and the ability to exert force of up to 50 lbs. occasionally, up to 20 lbs. frequently and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly.
Category I exposure to blood borne pathogens; frequent exposure to chemical hazards; may encounter radiation hazards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND OBJECTIVES
Supports the philosophy, goals and objectives of the Facility
- Supports and performs according to approved policies and procedures
- Supports risk management and participates in programs directed to patient and staff safety
- Considers patient rights in performance of job duties and responsibilities
- Contributes to the quality management process; identifies role and contributions upon request
- Participates as a team member in support of the total patient care process
Adheres to safety policies and procedures in performing job duties and responsibilities.
- Reports observed or suspected violations, hazards, and noncompliance according to Facility policy
- Observes safety measures in performance of job duties and responsibilities.
- Responds to emergency situations with competence and composure.
Communicates effectively with patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers.
- Interactions are respectful and courteous.
- Communicates effectively and professionally using a translator when necessary.
- Documents that information received from the patient are disseminated to the appropriate people or departments.
- Accurately assesses and interprets age-specific patient data.
- Considers age-specific patient requirements when responding to emergency situations.
Maintains and promotes professional competence through continuing education and other learning experiences.
- Objectively evaluates suggestions or criticisms and attempts to improve performance or seeks further guidance as needed.
- Attends and actively participates in meetings, committees, in-services, seminars, workshops, conferences, quality management activities according to job responsibilities and requirements.
Provides effective and efficient supervisory activities necessary to patient care.
- Coordinates daily personnel assignments with members of the health care team
- Assists in coordinating patient care activities with health care team members to provide for continuity of patient care
- Assists health care staff in identifying and solving patient care problems
- Assists with patient care activities during emergencies
- Participates in primary care of patients and verifies that patient needs are met
- Enforces the implementation of practice standards to provide quality patient care
Responds in a timely manner to meet the needs of the patient and the physician.
- Documents patient records and other forms according to policy.
- Communicates information about the patient's status to others responsible for patient care.
- Accurately comprehends and interprets verbal orders and directions
- Performs assigned activities to provide safe and individualized care
- Recognizes patient’s need for support and provides for privacy and confidentiality
- Prepares equipment/supplies needed for care of patients and for performing diagnostic tests
Applies prescribed procedures to competently perform the radiology functions
- Tests and monitors equipment for proper working condition
- Confirms that all persons in the room are properly shielded before activating x-ray
- Follows manufacturer’s specifications and OSHA guidelines when performing x-ray procedures
- Handles equipment and instruments correctly to provide availability and safety
- Maintains adequate supplies to provide immediate availability during the procedure
- Maintains a clean and organized work area
Maintains environment according to housekeeping and infection control policies and procedures
- Follows housekeeping guidelines for cleaning responsibilities
- Monitors contracted housekeeping activities for correct cleaning methods
- Reports any damaged equipment discovered during routine cleaning
- Handles hazardous waste according to policy
- Uses cleaning agents and equipment according to safety, manufacturer, and Facility standards
- Performs preventative maintenance assignments according to manufacturers’ directions
- Monitors effectiveness of pest control service